THE EXCELLENCE OF DUROOD SHAREEF AS EXPLAINED IN THE AHADEES
"Hadees" is an Arabic word which means "Holy Sayings".The Collective reports of the Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) sayings and deeds are called Ahadees. It is the narration of all the affectionate words of advice uttered by the Holy Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) from time to time. These sayings [Ahadees] are instructions offered for the guidance of mankind, and to follow them is as important as daily prayers.
The famous books of Hadees are the following: Saheeh Bukhaari, Saheeh Muslim, Tirmidhi, Abu Dawood, Muwattaa, Nisaai', Ibn-Majaah, Darmi, Baihaaqi and Miskhaat Shareef.
Hazrat Imaam Bukhaari [Rahmatul Laahi Aalieh] , the compiler of Bukhaari Shareef, took the greatest and painstaking precautions in making his collections of Ahadees and exerted to his utmost to achieve all accuracy and reliability as possible. Hence, Ahadees quoted by Imaam Bukhaari [Rahmatul Laahi Alaieh] and his work on Ahadees stands as one of the wonders of intellectual achievement in Islamic History. He wrote all Ahadees in the sacred Haram of Madinah Munawwarah. Bukhaari's collection is recognized by the overwhelming majority of the Muslim world to be one of the most authentic collections of the Sunnah of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)
1. For every Durood Shareef that you recite, ten sins are forgiven, ten good deeds are entered into your sheet of actions and ten position are upgraded.
2. Allaah [Ta’aalaa] showers ten blessings on the man who recites a Durood.
3. The first man who will meet the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) on the Day of Judgement will be that person who had recited the Durood maximum number of times in his life time.
4. Those who recite Durood in maximum number will be nearest and dearest to the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) in the next world.
5. If anyone is involved in a difficulty then he must recite countless number of Durood Shareefs.
6. Reciting Durood Shareef eradicates poverty and hunger.
7. If the Sawaab of the Durood Shareef is dedicated to another person, then that person will receive the Sawaab, while the Sawaab of the reciter will not be lessened.
9. Reciting maximum number of Durood Shareef is full compensation of all sins.
10. Anyone who recites excessive Durood Shareef in this world will be safe and sound in the next world.
11. When a prayer is made to Allaah Kareem it is never accepted unless praise of Allaah Ta'aalaa and Durood Shareef on the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) is first of all recited.
12. Those who recite Durood quite often will see Divine Light on the dark Day of Judgement.
13. Three persons will be under the cool shade and the favours of Allaah Ta'aalaa on the Doom's Day. One who kept the Holy Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) Sunnah alive, one who removed difficulty of a fellow being and one who recited maximum number of Durood Shareef in his life time.
14. When you forget anything and your memory fails to recollect it, then recite Durood, you will remember the forgotten thing.
15. Reciting Durood in this world is rewarding in the next.
16. The reciter of 10 Duroods in the morning and 10 in the evening will receive the help of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) on the Day of Judgement.
17. One who recites Durood Shareef near the shrine of the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) is heard by him there and then alone.
18. Anyone who recites Durood Shareef is just as one who purchased a slave and freed him.
19. If a Durood Shareef is written in a book by someone Angels of Almighty Allaah shower blessings on him till the Durood Shareef remains in that book.
20. The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said that he himself recites blessings on one who recites Durood Shareef on him.
21. Anyone who wants to meet his Allaah Kareem with a happy face must recite countless number of Durood Shareef.
22. Reward equivalent to a big mountain (Uhad) is given to one who recites one Durood Shareef.
23. All people will be presented to the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) with their habits, natures and distinct manner, so it is obligatory for a man to recite maximum number of Durood.
24. Allaah is Great and Almighty to forgive all sins of the reciter during the day and night when he recites Durood Shareef.
25. If anyone meets in a tragedy, he should recite Durood Shareef in countless numbers.
26. Reciting Durood is like giving something in charity.
27. Reciting maximum number of Durood kills all hardships.
28. Recite Durood Shareef in countless number on Friday, as it is presented to me [the Holy Prophet]. (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)
29. Bad deeds of 200 years [equivalent] are obliterated if a man recites 100 Durood on Friday.
30. Anyone who recites Durood will overcome all their troubles.
31. If the name of the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) is mentioned and one who hears it but does not recite Durood Shareef, understand that he has forgotten the path to Paradise.
32. "I pray for all those who recite Durood on me", said the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)
33. If anyone recites Durood Shareef from any place, any part of the world from any distance, it actually reaches the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) immediately. Allaah Ta'aalaa has appointed several Angels who are given exclusive duty to collect all Durood Shareef and present the same before the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) immediately.
34. Angels [Malaaikaa] of Allaah (سبحانہ و تعا لی) shower 70 blessings on a man who recites Durood once.
35. Whenever you hear the call of prayers (Azaan) you should recite Durood Shareef.
36. Wherever you are, from any quarter of the world, you must recite Durood Shareef as it reaches the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)
37. Ablution is not complete if Durood Shareef is not recited on it.
38. The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said to his wife that anyone who hears the name of the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) and does not recite Durood Shareef on him will not see the beautiful face of Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)] on the Day of the Judgement.
39. Hazrat Saiyyiduna Ali [Radiyal Laahu Anhu] reports that Rasool ul laah (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said, "The real miser is he in whose presence I am mentioned and then he fails to recite Salawaat on me".
40. If a person recites 1000 Durood Shareef daily, he will never die unless he himself sees his place in Heaven with his own eyes.
41. The Durood Shareef that is recited by the person is written with a Golden Pen on a Silver tablet by the Angels. The Angels then present this Durood Shareef to Saiyyiduna Rasool ul laah (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) and proclaim, "O Habeeb of Allaah Kareem! (سبحانہ و تعا لی)The son of such and such a person has presented this gift in your majestic court". On the Day of Judgement the nearest person to me, from amongst the people, would be the one who would have recited Salawaat the most in this (mortal) world.
(Truly) a miserly person is he who (when) heard my name being mentioned did not recite Salawat in my favour. (Mishkat)
You decorate your meetings by reciting salawat on me because your salawat would (turn out to) be the Divine Light for yourself on the "Day of Judgement." (Jamih us-Sahih)
Recite salawat on Friday in abundance because it is the "Day of presence of angels (for witness)." On this day Angels present themselves (in my court). And undoubtedly when any one from amongst you recites salawat in my favour then before he has finished his recitation of salawat in my favour, his salawat reaches my court. (Jamih us-Sahih)
In the magnificent night of Friday (i.e. the night between Thursday and Friday) and the luminous day of Friday recite salawat in my favour abundantly, because your recited salawat is presented to me (by the Angels). (Jamih us-Sahih)
Recite salawat on the day of "Friday" and the "Friday Night" (The night between Thursday and Friday) excessively because who-so-ever does that, I shall stand witness to him and would be his advocate on the "Day of Judgement." (Jamih us-Sahih)